Welcome to Practically Experienced
Practically Experienced is the place to go to secure an internship in Indonesia.
Whether an undergraduate or graduate, finished with studying or keen to continue, work experience and the opportunity to learn more about a field of interest to you is the best way to get ahead in your studies and career. Offering opportunities in organisations that cover subjects including regional politics and economics, law reform and gender, community development and budget monitoring, graphic design and journalism, Practically Experienced will get you the experience you need.
As an intern based in South East Asia’s most dynamic and vibrant democracy, you will be hosted at one of Indonesia’s leading private sector or non-profit organisations. And as all organisations have English speakers, there is no need to worry about language. But if you are a language student or specialising in Indonesia, it is a great opportunity for you to improve your language skills and knowledge of Indonesia in a professional work environment.
Host organisations will be a base from which to grow personally and professionally, learning from the successes and challenges of your host. Benefits of internship include:
- Gaining work experience as an entree into either the non-profit or private sector world;
- Having a unique vantage point from which to see how organisations, particularly civil society organisations, organise themselves, contribute to public policy, develop field programmes, and navigate the environment in which they operate;
- An opportunity to meet, work with and create networks with leading organisations and thinkers;
- Improve your Indonesian language skills in the work environment;
- Experience of living and working in a new country and culture.
From the moment you sign up, Practically Experienced will be there to support you, from obtaining a visa to orientating you on arrival and helping you find accommodation. Visits and events will be held throughout your stay to further enhance your experience.