Welcome to Practically Experienced
Practically Experienced is the place to go to help you secure an internship in Indonesia. Whether an undergraduate or graduate, finished with studying or keen to continue, a political scientist or economist, lawyer or gender specialist, graphic designer or language student, work experience and the opportunity to learn more about your field of interest is the best way to get ahead in your studies and career.
Based in South East Asia’s most dynamic and vibrant democracy, as an intern you will be hosted at one of Indonesia’s leading organisations, many of which are in the non-profit sector. Organisations are involved in an array of activities from community strengthening to government monitoring, law reform to economic and political research. All have English speakers so language is not a worry.
Host organisations will be a base from which to grow personally and professionally, learning from the successes and challenges of your host. Benefits of internship include:
- Gaining work experience as an entree into either the non-profit or private sector world;
- Having a unique vantage point from which to see how organisations, particularly civil society organisations, organise themselves, contribute to public policy, develop field programmes, and navigate the environment in which they operate;
- An opportunity to meet, work with and create networks with leading organisations and thinkers;
- Learning or improving your Indonesian language skills in a work environment;
- Experience of living and working in a new country and culture.
From the moment you touch down in Jakarta and for the duration of your internship, Practically Experienced will be there to support you. You will receive a briefing on arrival, will get support finding suitable accommodation, and have inter-city travel arranged for you. There will also be visits and events arranged during your stay. Pre-arrival we will help you with your visa application as well as provide you with practical information for your visit.
And if you are interested in coming to Indonesia but the organisations listed do not cover your interests, let us know and we will endeavour to find a host organisation more suited to your interests.