Welcome to Practically Experienced
Practically Experienced is the place to go to secure an internship in Indonesia.
Whether an undergraduate or graduate, finished with studying or keen to continue, work experience and the opportunity to learn more about a field of interest to you is the best way to get ahead in your studies and career. Practically Experienced offers opportunities from political scientists to economists, law students to gender specialist, graphic designers and budding journalists.
As an intern based in South East Asia’s most dynamic and vibrant democracy, you will be hosted at one of Indonesia’s leading private sector or non-profit organisations. Practically Experienced partners are involved in an array of activities from the media to community strengthening, law reform, economic and political research. All programme partners have English speakers so no need to worry about language.
Host organisations will be a base from which to grow personally and professionally, learning from the successes and challenges of your host. Benefits of internship include:
- Gaining work experience as an entree into either the non-profit or private sector world;
- Having a unique vantage point from which to see how organisations, particularly civil society organisations, organise themselves, contribute to public policy, develop field programmes, and navigate the environment in which they operate;
- An opportunity to meet, work with and create networks with leading organisations and thinkers;
- Learning or improving your Indonesian language skills in a work environment;
- Experience of living and working in a new country and culture.
From the moment you sign up, Practically Experienced will be there to support you, from guiding you through the visa process to orientating you on arrival and helping you find accommodation. Visits and events will be held throughout your stay which you can participate in.
If you have an interest in coming to Indonesia but no organisations listed cover your interests, let us know and we will endeavour to find a host organisation more suited to you.